Thursday, March 2, 2017

Butterfly Project



"Dusk"

The dusk flew in on the wings of evening . . .
From whom do you bring me a greeting?
Will you kiss my lips for him?
How I long for the place where I was born!

Perhaps only you, tranquil dusk,
know of the tears shed in your lap
from eyes that long to see
the shade of palms and olive trees
in the land of Israel.

Perhaps only you will understand
this daughter of Zion,
who weeps
for her small city on the Elbe*
but if afraid ever to return to it.
  -Anonymous
-----------------------
I commented on
Tammi's Blog
Jorge's Blog
Mario's Blog
Joseph's Blog
Eamonn's Blog

3 comments:

  1. You did a good job of relating the poem to the Holocaust in general. I could tell how your ideas of the Jews' situation overall were connected to the actual poem. However, when you described the shade of the palms and olive trees being like a gloomy day, I had to disagree. The author says she longs for the shade of the trees, and she is not longing for gloomy days. She is longing for a cool, restful spot back at her home. As for the good things, I also liked that you described the hope in the poem. That is a good topic to focus on for this poem. The were only a few mistakes, such as missing punctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the images you have have on your butterfly. On the blue tag that is located on the bottom left corner of the left wing of the top part you start of your paragraph asking the reader a question. Which is rare for me to see. Yet again it is a good way to hook in your audience because you get the reader to start thinking and get curious to know about the topic.Quick question, weren't you afraid of your butterfly getting damaged or folded since it is made out of paper without a hard skeleton body. Now on the bottom right corner on the right wing of your butterfly you have a small mistake. When you start of saying "I made my butterfly out paper..." As you can see you forgot to add the word "of" between out and paper. In order for the tag to make sense. So just fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The images help make it better to visualize what the author was speaking of, the explanation describing the pictures helps make it easy to know what each one is suppose to represent. The clock stands out to me, because it helps show how prisoners felt as if they were trapped in the camp for an eternity. Overall you did an excellent job on your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete